Sunday 3 June 2007

PARAMORE – MISERY BUSINESS (FUELED BY RAMEN/ATLANTIC)


PARAMORE – MISERY BUSINESS (FUELED BY RAMEN/ATLANTIC)

Packaged as something very serious and rebellious it is something of a shock when the lush clear vinyl spews out something along the lines of Avril Lavigne as opposed to something veering towards Riot Grrrl.

As the single seven flaps out into a poster to put up on my wall I find my stricken libido resisting the charms of a particularly ordinary and uninspiring piece of trad alt rock. In a time when I feel I sadly dislike the majority of things thrown at me, here is another example to justify that I am just correct in what I think and say.

The Paramore album is called “Riot!” and this exactly the kind of sentiment I want from such vacuous watered down pieces of shit. And coupled with a single called “Misery Business” this band is just too much of an easy target.

I can see what an A&R bod would see in this band, we live in an environment primed and gagging for the latest/newest version of the same thing. To succeed things now are required to be younger and faster and soon the charts could possibly result with a female fetus doing Napalm Death covers for hits.

The b-side is an “electronic mix” of a cover of “My Hero” by the Foo Fighters, a dog of a track to begin with in the first place. This is very much a dog in dire need of spaying and prevented from future abortions.

Thesaurus moment: shill

Paramore
Fueled By Ramen
Atlantic Recordings

No comments: